Monday, October 02, 2006

Double O - Bad Ass!

Oh hell ya!

I just got done watching this trailer, and let me say one thing:

Oh please, oh please, oh please, let this not suck.

Ever since Golden Eye, I wanted an edgier, darker James Bond. Golden Eye hinted at it. But alas, the Brosnan Bond slid into the surfacey fluff all the Bonds had (except for Lazenby in On Her Majesty's Secret Service). Please let this Bond be the merciless tool of the state, a container of a cold, dark rage held barely in check. Please let this Bond be Ian Flemming's and not EON Production's.

I don't know who Daniel Craig is, but he looks (at least in the promo photos) like more of a thug than the previous Bonds. Someone who will smile in your eyes while pulling the trigger.

Let it be true. Let it be the Bond I've always wanted to see --less gadgets, more pathos.