Sunday, September 17, 2006

Late On The Bandwagon

Ok, I admit it. I have never watched Lost. Ever.

But I have a friend who watches this show religiously. Since she has (mostly) good taste*, I thought I'd give it a go. So I bought the first three episodes from the
iTunes Music Store.

And now I'm hooked. I have absolutely no idea what's happening, but to me that's a large part of the appeal. Kinda the same reason I love the works of
HP Lovecraft and the writers, such as Brian Lumley, who have expanded and explored the universe HPL created. It's what isn't said that's the most compelling in a story. Your mind fills in the blanks with wild speculation. Rather than detracting from the story, a lack of details (sometimes seemingly vital) can enhance the experience and enrich the narrative.

* - and I am so going to pay for that statement when she reads this
.