Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Popular Mechanics vs. Loose Change

Do yourself a favor and watch this video. It's a bit long, but more than worth it.

The Loose Change people give me a headache.

I am still amazed by how many people believe the conspiracy and massive "cover-up" allegedly perpetrated by the US government re: 9/11. They are probably the same people who claim we never made a moon landing in 1969, or that JFK's assasination was anything other than a nutjob ex-Marine in a book repository.

I'll probably address this in more detail later, but I just can't fathom how people just discard facts and evidence that contradict their claims. I touched on this in some fashion in this post.

Oh, yeah. Get this book.

UPDATE: I was going to write a long response regarding these "theories", but it's been done. Better and more authoritative than I could ever hope to be. Just read this. It should lay to rest any lingering doubts that we were attacked by terrorists, who used civilians on public airlines as weapons

However, I do have one comment regarding the video I linked to above. The guys who did Loose Change are petulant children. And just like children they refuse to let facts interfere with a cherished belief. When adults debate they tend to refrain from eye-rolling and interupting with jeers of "Liar!"

I swear, they're worse than Scientologists (well, maybe not)