Friday, December 01, 2006

Winter Wonderland

While the snow is cool, and yes I do have a truck, I seem to have overlooked a very real possibility. It involves snowplows. Specifically, it involves the slope-browed, microcephalic snowplow operators that have the contract with my apartment complex. Oh, yes, they did a fine job plowing this morning. But for one thing. They plowed such that the majority of people are now locked into their parking spots. I have a 1 1/2 foot berm of snow directly behind my bumper. And no shovel.

Actually, I should count myself lucky. Someone's bumper got ripped off by a plow in the night (that happened to me 2 yrs ago). I think these guys were drinking or something.

Anyhow, snow aside, I have yet another emergency. Sometime during the night my pilot light went out on my furnace. It is now 55 degrees in my apt and it has been over an hour since I called the paging service. To say I am... miffed... would be an extreme understatement.

When it doesn't rain it... well, it snows in this case.

UPDATE: I have been asked about the November Chippy Awards. These will be posted over the weekend. I did not have enough free time to get to them in time for today.

UPDATE 2: I have heat. Only took them 1 1/2 hours to get here and light the pilot. I would have done it myself, but it appears we mere renters can't be trusted with keys to our own utility closets.